Thursday, August 12, 2010

I have started another Blog

We bought a house in Florida. We have moved to the Space Coast area of Florida (mid FL) on the East Coast.

We bought our smaller, more humble and soon to be more intimate retirement home. I started a blog to record that house transformation.

http://ourflhouse.blogspot.com/
if you want to reach me personally there is a spot on this blog that says 'EMAIL ME'. I am getting the Our Florida House one set up so there will be a link to email me on that one too. The blog is brand new and will take some time to get content on there.

I will be posting all my before pictures! They will be awful because they are of a forclosure house. I looked around and found one! We were very lucky because our Realtor, Randy Brown with Century 21 in Palm Bay was so helpful and he rooted for us for the paperwork to go through fast! It was pretty well set up before we found the house, the bank had been on target for selling it. Closing should be within a month from now. I wanted to get this Blog set up so there would be a place to document and show progressive photographs.

I have some inspirational photos that are taken from magazines and the internet to show how I arrived at the way I want the house to feel and look. We are on a tight budget (who isn't) so I will be price shopping and making the most of the materials I find.

My goal is to have a house that ends up feeling like I got a piece of Paradise on my postage stamp lot. I want a tropical feel with a Caribbean flair. COLOR, yes color is going to come into my life more than before! My Virginia house was all about Black, Brown, and Whites. Now I am looking at turquoise, yellows, blues and corals.

My first decision was to pick the flooring. We are tearing out all the old carpet so I wanted the flooring to be tile. I think light color tiles will not be where I want to take this 'old world' kind of look. I want the house to feel like it has been around for a while, some sense of history. I like a house to have 'roots'!

Thanks for coming on the journey with me.

I had an accident, a bad fall about 3 years ago now in July. Blogging has been a great way to keep my creativity going and keep in touch with other souls out there with like-minds. I have had a few surgeries to fix my issues with that fall and am expecting a couple more in the near future, this Blog will (again) help to keep my mind occupied and thinking about something I love to do instead of on my physical self. Thanks for listening! Looking forward to Blogging again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails