Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Butterflies in memory of Bobene


She loved butterflies! She owned so many butterfly things, images, and things about butterflies!
I didn't take the above photo, I found it on the internet. I am posting it for my BF Bobene who passed away January 11th 2010. I knew her for 48 years. I can't imagine life without being able to call her!
words taken from 'Daily Wisdom':

"'How does one become a butterfly?' she asked pensively. 'You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.'"-Trina Paulus
I have kept using the word 'fly' in reference to Bobene. "Now she can fly..."
I subscribe to a 'Daily Wisdom' email so I receive a positive message by email each day, something to contemplate and start my day with a positive note.
This morning, I read this from Lissa Coffey's Daily wisdom: Empowerment "'How does one become a butterfly?' she asked pensively. 'You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.'" -Trina Paulus
The whole message today was about Empowerment: Empowerment means going beyond our comfort zone. It's reaching within to find what it takes to move us beyond where we are to where we want to be. We have that power, but whether it lies dormant or it is put into action is completely up to us. -Lissa Coffey

But I am reading it as about Bobene because she loved butterflies. Every gift I got her, I would ask 'what do you want', she would always say with a voice like a little girl 'a butterfly'! She had stain glass ones on the window panes and I had just sent her a large stain glass lamp for her bedroom of a butterfly with open wings. I wanted her to be able to see it when she was recovering from her shoulder surgery. She was doing well, recovering and healing above expected.
On Friday, her heart stopped as she was waiting for her cup of coffee to be brought to her in her home. It was unexpected and quick. She slipped into a coma and didn't regain consciousness. She was put on ventilator until the doctor came back with news she was brain dead. She was unplugged and officially died. She was 59.
And she was like a butterfly, she always tried to leave what the constraints that normal eye could see, (her wheel chair and physical limitations) her caterpillar cacoon by all the brave things she did, she lived every day like she could fly.
Now she can fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails